OFFRE D'EMPLOI: REGIONAL COORDINATOR
SODEICO recruits for a social and behaviour change project focused on improving malaria behaviors for a consortium of non-governmental organizations led by Johns Hopkins University :
JOB TITLE : REGIONAL COORDINATOR
STAFF REQUESTED : 1
SALARY : COMPETITIVE
LOCATION : GAROUA (CAMEROON)
SODEICO Manpower is recruiting two "REGIONAL COORDINATORS" to lead a Social Behavior Change (SBC) program in Cameroon. This project will focus its efforts, in particular, on collaboration with the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) to reduce malaria related morbidity and mortality.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION
The Regional Coordinators will report to the National Coordinator based in Yaounde (Cameroon).
3. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
3.1 Main responsibilities
The regional coordinator will:
- Provide project management and project reporting for the SBC project in the North or Far North Region of Cameroon,
- Liaise with regional and district National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), Ministry of Health (MoH) officials and implementing partners from other malaria projects and donors in implementing high-quality SBC activities to influence behaviors to protect at-risk populations from preventable malaria morbidity and mortality,
The project in Cameroon will implement social and behavioral change related programs and research to meet the following targets: (1) Improved uptake of key malaria behaviors at the community-level; (2) Improved health worker behaviors supportive of effective malaria service delivery; and (3) Improved capacity of NMCP/MoH and other partners to coordinate, design, implement, monitor and evaluate effective SBC at national and sub-national levels.
- Be expected to work closely with community health workers and facility-based providers to pilot and test new approaches to meet these targets, based on formative research conducted by the project,
- Be expected to maintain frequent communication with the National Coordinator seated in Yaoundé and organize and implement directives and activities that fit into the NMCP strategic goals for 2019-2023.
3.2 Specific responsibilities
- Oversee the coordination, planning, implementation, financial oversight, monitoring and evaluation of SBC activities within the designated region of focus,
- Provide strategic input based on coordination with fellow implementing partners and MoH officials based on the local context,
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with regional and district malaria authorities and malaria implementing partners in Cameroon,
- Ensure compliance with all JHU and the funder policies and procedures,
- Supervise on-going and periodic project activities implemented at the regional, district, and community levels,
- Strengthen the capacity of partners and government officials in social and behavior change theory and implementation in the focal region,
- Produce reports on activities in the focal region indicating the progress of the SBC project supported projects,
- Develop and nurture relationships with current and potential stakeholders and partners in the region,
- Trouble-shoot implementation challenges with the National Coordinator, local stakeholders, and headquarters,
- oversee program data quality compliance, including data tracking systems and monitoring records to ensure program meets the funder audit standards,
- Document best practices, lessons learned and key insights and sharing with the National Coordinator, NMCP officials, technical working groups, and the SBC project headquarters.
4. BASIC AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Experience with social and behavior change programs in Cameroon,
- Experience with malaria and coordinating with the NMCP of Cameroon,
- Experience providing oversight to quantitative and qualitative research,
- Strong professional reputation,
- Ability to serve as a strong representative for the project and network with a diverse set of stakeholders,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills,
- Flexible and independent,
5. QUALIFICATIONS ET EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree in Public Health and Social Sciences, Business/Communication or similar disciplines;
- Experiences in similar fields of at least five (5) years.
6. LANGUAGES FLUENCY
Very good knowledge of French and Fulfilde.
7. COMPUTER LITERACY
- Competence in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ...)