A Career Opportunity to advance our work transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
In keeping with our mission to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish, at AIMS we are equally dedicated to fostering an environment in which we enable and challenge our internal talent to flourish to their fullest capacity as we strive to generate The Next Einstein!
We need your passion, knowledge and expertise to be our next…
Chief Operating Officer - AIMS Cameroon
Responsible for spearheading the management of the non-academic and non-scientific operations of the Centre, the Chief Operating Officer will lead a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of 4-8 professionals ensuring the smooth running of the Centre’s administrative and financial operations and will add a strategic vision to everyday activities, working closely with the Centre President and the Managing Director, Operations at the AIMS’ Global Secretariat to ensure continuous improvements to gain administrative and financial efficiencies and effectiveness. The incumbent will ensure the continuity of resource management, programming, implementation, as well as reporting of the Centre’s activities, with the utmost respect for AIMS procedures. He or she will be the gatekeeper of administrative and financial procedures at the Centre.
Additionally and under the leadership of the Centre President, and at times under the leadership of the President and CEO – AIMS Global Network, the incumbent will contribute to attracting and nurturing fruitful relationships with key funding sources (governments and institutions), and effectively manage and leverage funds grounded in an effective governance structure, regulatory requirements and appropriate financial and administrative policies and practices.
This is a 2-year, full-time, contract opportunity based at the AIMS Center in Limbe, Cameroon.
Do you have what we need?
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Economics, or Public relations with at least 10 years of experience in the management of higher education institution, having an MBA will be an added advantage
- 7-10 years of experience in managing large international settings, ideally as part of a global network
- Experience and understanding of the requirements for using and working with international donor funding e.g. DFID, IDRC, USAID etc.
- A proven record of developing and professionalizing growing organizations
- Experience working in international environments
- A consummate diplomat with the drive to innovate and lead change with a collaborative spirit
- Superb relationship management and problem solving skills to lead, manage and interact with a diverse team of professionals
- An influential communicator with strong verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Functionally bilingual (French/English)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Internet applications (Dropbox, Skype, Google Apps etc.)
- Excellent skills and experience in project proposal writing
Are you ready to take on this role and be a part of the transformation
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV as one document, in English to:firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote “Chief Operating Officer CAM_internal” in the subject line).
Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2019.
For more information: